Guide to Maximize Direct Mail Response
A well-design, well-crafted message delivered via custom postcard can be a vital, profitable tool in your marketing arsenal. Consider:
- A postcard is tangible – customers and prospects can hold it, share it, keep it for future action.
- A postcard is credible – “This is from that business I drive by every day. It’s a real offer from a real company.”
- A postcard builds your brand – the logo on the card matches the one on local ads and on the side of your building.
- A postcard is direct and personal – this came to me!
SUCCESSFUL MARKETING TAKES PLANNING AND FORESIGHT
Before you can sit down and write effective sales copy and design a high-impact mailing piece you have to set goals. You have to know what you expect to accomplish. “I want to sell more,” isn’t enough.
LOOK INTO THE FUTURE TO SCHEDULE YOUR CAMPAIGN
A knee-jerk reaction to market activity is a poor response that seldom pays. Getting the most from any marketing program requires advance planning. Every successful campaign has an assortment of moving parts, each taking time to complete:
- It takes time to develop your key sales points
- Time to put them into crisp copy
- Time to create a smashing layout and design
- It takes a lot of time to generate a top-notch mailing list of prime targets.
- And, when it’s all sorted, created and ready to go, it takes time to go from your shop to a prospect’s mailbox – and you have to give them time to respond.